Here, we will ascend parts of Zard-Kuh mountains that are in return part of the Zagros mountain range. Zard-Kuh area is famous for its “almost leveled” mountains. There are two usual programs for trekking in this area. In the package that is presented here, all the overnight stays are in tent. Therefore, it is suitable for mountaineers that wouldn’t mind no access to shower or technology. Basically, we start from Cherry pass and then continue to Robat Bala, Algeh Bala, Dareh Shoo, Zardkuh pass and at the end Kouhrang dam. Then, we would drive back to Isfahan and then Tehran. To complete the program, we have city tours as well.
- Mountain Guide
- City Tour Guide
- Beverages (only those served with food)
- Entrance Fee to visited sites.
- Tips to Guides and Staffs.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Hotel Minibar or Coffeeshop
- Ski or Trekking Equipment
This program starts from Isfahan International Airport. When arriving, Atour guide is waiting with a “Atour Adventure” sign to take you to hotel . Naturally, the arrangement of this day highly depends on your arrival time.
On the second day and after breakfast, we will have a transfer to Chelgerd. The city is 2390 meters above sea level and the drive would take around 4-5 hours. Then, the trekking begins. We will head to Cherry pass to Nazi plain. For the night, we will stay in tent near the river.
After breakfast and packing the stuff, the trekking begins. On this day, we will trek to Robat Bala and spend the night in a tent near nomad camp. Today, we will be passing the villages of Dorak and Shorak. The trekking hours depends on the physical strength and speed of the participants.
After breakfast and packing stuffs, we will trek to Algeh Bala, passing the villages of Mazon, Abtelki, and Algeh Paeen. For the night, we will find a suitable place near the nomads of the area and set up our tents. The trekking hours depends on the physical strength and speed of the participants.
After breakfast and packing stuffs, we will trek to Dareh Sho. For the night, we will be in tent near nomad camps. The trekking hours depends on the physical strength and speed of the participants.
Today, we will trek to Zardkuh pass. Then, passing Sabz plain we will reach Kouhrang village. For the night, we will be in local house.
Finally, the trip comes to an end. We will be driving back to Isfahan. Depending on the departure flight, we will arrange for the transfer.
What we suggest and offer
- Cultural tours (Tehran, Kashan, Isfahan, Shiraz, Yazd, Kerman, and …)
- Shopping Assistance (we can arrange shopping and a person to help you)
- Domestic Flight
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Sites: Golestan Palace, National Museum, Tehran Grand Bazaar, Saad Abbad Palace, Niavaran Palace, Museum of National Treasury.
General Equipment List for Summer
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Trekking pants
- comfortable leisure trousers
- windproof and waterproof over pants (breathable)
- Long sleeve shirts or blouses
- Sweater or jacket (wool, fleece, softshell)
- wind and waterproof jacket (ideal: breathable)
- Underwear + replacement
- short functional underwear
- Scarf / Scarf / Buff as dust or cold protection
- thin hat for summer – Warm hat in June and September
- thin finger gloves
- Warm gloves in June and September
- sun cream
- Day and hiking backpack approx. 25 l
- Rain cover for backpack
- Telescopic hiking poles (who would like)
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° in the comfort area
- Sleeping mat (Therm-a-rest self-inflatable)
- waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- small travel pharmacy
- important personal medicines (hand luggage!)