- Here we have the Tochal and Damavand trekking program. In this program, the mountaineers summit the +3900m mountain Tochal that is near Tehran. Then, they head to the highest mountain of Iran and the highest volcano of East Asia. At the end of the trekking program, we will have one-day city tour of Tehran. The program is 9 days and 8 nights. We will have mules to carry the loads in Damavand and participants have to carry only the essentials. In summer, our overnight stay would be in Atour Adventure Mountain Eco-Camp. You can find more information about the Tochal, Damavand trekking program below.
- Accommodation (hotel, lodge, shelter, villa, local house, …)
- Transportation (domestic flight, airport, city, between cities, 4×4, …)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunchbox)
- Beverages (only those served with food)
- Guide (mountain, ski, city tour)
- Means of carrying loads (mule, porter, camel)
- Entrances (lifts, historic sites, …)
- Ascend Permits
- Visa reference code
- International flight
- Visa fee
- Personal travel insurance
- Hotel minibar or café
- Tips to guides and staff
- Services not mentioned above
- Extra days or reservations
- Day 1: Arrival to Tehran (1189m)
Now, the Tochal, Damavand trekking officially begins. Upon arrival to Tehran (IKA Airport), you will meet Atour representative and then transfer to a hotel for rest.
- Day 2: Heading to Shirpala (2750m)
After breakfast, we will head to Darband Square. This is the beginning of trekking route to Tochal Mountain. We will trek to Shirpala hut at the altitude of 2750 meters. We will spend the night there. The trekking is around 3-4 hours. The guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 3: Summiting Tochal (3964m)
Early in the morning and after breakfast, our trekking to the Tochal peak starts. We will summit Tochal, return to Shirpala and then Darband Square. Here, the car is waiting to take us to Polour or Rineh. We have 7-8 hours of trekking on this day. We will spend the night in mountaineering lodges of the area. The guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 4: Getting to Bargah Sevom (4200m)
Today, we will have breakfast at lodge, and then ride 4×4 cars to Gosfandsara. The drive will take around one hour and we have only dirt road here. From Gosfandsara, which is also known as Mosque, we start trekking to the altitude of 4200. The trekking will be around 4-5 hours. In summer, we will stay at Atour Adventure Eco-Camp.
- Day 5: Acclimatization (4600m)
Now, we will head to higher altitude to prepare our bodies for the next day summit. We will have 4-5 hours of trekking to around 4600 meters and return to our campsite. Like the previous days, the guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 6: Damavand Summit (5610m)
It is finally time to summit the highest mountain of Iran. Early in the morning, we get our lunchboxes, and then head to the summit. We will have 7-8 hours of trekking today. After summiting Damavand, we will return to our campsite and rest for the night. Our guide will take care of the meals.
- Day 7: Back to Tehran (1189m)
- After breakfast, we return to Gosfandsara, and then ride 4x4s back to Rineh or Polour. From there, we have transfer to Tehran. We check in to hotel and rest for the night. We have lunch in a restaurant and dinner in hotel restaurant.
- Day 8: Tehran City Tour (1189)
Enjoying the beauty of Iran’s nature, it is time to get to know Iran’s history, art, and architecture better. It is also a chance to see the everyday life of Iranian.
- Day 9: Time to say goodbye
Based on the departure time, we arrange for hotel to airport transportation.
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Sites: Golestan Palace, Tehran Grand Bazaar, Iran National Museum
General Equipment List for Ski
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° comfort
- Sleeping mat
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Duffle Bag
- Day Backpack 30-40 liter
- Warm hat
- Long sleeve shirt or Blouse
- Polar Jacket
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Feather jacket
- Thin finger gloves
- Warm waterproof gloves
- Trekking pants
- Wind and waterproof pants
- Sun cream
- Hiking poles
- Waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- Small travel pharmacy
- Important personal medicines