- Here is the Sabalan, Alamkuh, and Damavand trekking program. In this package you can summit the three highest mountain of Iran. First, we go to Sabalan which is 4811 meters. Then, we head to the 4848 meters Alamkuh. And at last, we have Damavand with an altitude of 5610 meters. It is a 14 days program with a short visit to the largest lake of the world Caspian Sea and a one-day city tour of Tehran. Below, you can find more details of Sabalan, Alamkuh and Damavand program.
- Accommodation (hotel, lodge, shelter, villa, local house, …)
- Transportation (domestic flight, airport, city, between cities, 4×4, …)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunchbox)
- Beverages (only those served with food)
- Guide (mountain, ski, city tour)
- Means of carrying loads (mule, porter, camel)
- Entrances (lifts, historic sites, …)
- Ascend Permits
- Visa reference code
- Mountain Accidents Insurance
- International flight
- Visa fee
- Personal travel insurance
- Hotel minibar or café
- Tips to guides and staff
- Services not mentioned above
- Extra days or reservations
- Single room supplement
- Day 1: Arrival to Tehran (1189m)
Now, the Sabalan, Alamkuh and Damavand trekking program officially begins. Upon arrival to Tehran (IKA Airport), you will meet Atour representative and then transfer to a hotel for rest.
- Day 2: Heading to Ardebil (1351m)
Depending on the flight time, we arrange for a transfer to the Mehrabad airport. From there, we will head to hotel, or if the time allows will have a short sightseeing of Ardebil. The overnight will be in hotel in Ardebil.
- Day 3: Slowly reaching the summit (3700m)
On this day, we will head to Shabil. Our trekking begins here and we keep going to the shelter in the northeast of Sabalan. We have around 2-3 hours of trekking on this day. We will camp for the night or stay in shelter. Moreover, the guide will prepare our meals.
- Day 4: Summit Sabalan Mountain (4811m)
Now, we will summit Sabalan Mountain with an altitude of 4811 meters. Then, we will return to the shelter and ride 4×4 cars back to Shabil. From Shabil, we will head to Sarein to enjoy hot water springs. For the night, we will stay at a hotel in Sarein. The guide prepares the breakfast, but for lunch and dinner, we go to restaurant.
- Day 5: Heading to Vandarbon (2250m)
On the fifth day of our program we will head to Vandarbon. After breakfast, we start our 10-hour drive to Vandarbon. We will have our meals in restaurants and spend the overnight in the mountaineering lodge of Vandarbon.
- Day 6: Now, we get to Hesarchal (3750m)
After breakfast, we will ride 4×4 cars to Tangeh Galoo. From there, our trekking begins and we keep going until we reach the Hesarchal area. We have 3-4 hours of trekking on this day. Hesarchal is where we set up our camp. Our guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 7: Summiting Alamkuh (4848m)
Early in the morning, after breakfast and getting the lunchboxes, we head to the 4848 meters mountain of Alamkuh. Then we will descend back to the Hesarchal, where we had our camp. We have to be prepared for 6-7 hours of trekking. For the night we will stay at our camp. The guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 8: A short rest (~0m)
To reenergize and get ready for Damavand, we will have a short rest in a city south of Caspian Sea. With a one night rest here, we will head to our next destination.
- Day 9: Getting to Polour (2300m)
After breakfast and enjoying Caspian Sea, we will head to Polour/Rineh. We have around 3 hours of driving ahead of us. We will have lunch and dinner in restaurants. For the night, we will stay in the mountaineering lodge of Polour or Rineh.
- Day 10: Reaching Bargah Sevom (4200m)
Now, we ride 4×4 cars to Gosfandsara. Here, the trekking begins and we trek to the altitude of 4200m, where Bargah Sevom shelter is located. It takes around 3 to 4 hours to get there. We will camp for the night or stay in shelter and our guide prepare the meals.
- Day 11: Summiting Damavand (5610m)
Finally, it’s time to summit the highest mountain of Iran. Early in the morning, after receiving the lunchboxes, we head to the summit. Then, we descend back to 4200 meters. Our overnight would be in camp or shelter and the guide prepares the meals.
- Day 12: Getting back to Tehran (1189m)
On this day, we head back to Tehran. First, we trek back to Gosfandsara and then ride 4x4s to Polour or Rineh. From there, we will drive back to Tehran. We will have lunch and dinner in restaurant and the overnight will be in hotel.
- Day 13: Tehran City Tour (1189)
Enjoying the beauty of Iran’s nature, and after ascending the highest mountain of Iran, it is time to get to know Iran’s history, art, and architecture better. It is also a chance to see the everyday life of Iranian. In this day, we will visit four historic sites.
- Day 14: Time to say goodbye
Based on the departure time, we arrange for hotel to airport transportation.
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Sites: Golestan Palace, Tehran Grand Bazaar, Iran National Museum
General Equipment List for Ski
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° comfort
- Sleeping mat
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Duffle Bag
- Day Backpack 30-40 liter
- Warm hat
- Long sleeve shirt or Blouse
- Polar Jacket
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Feather jacket
- Thin finger gloves
- Warm waterproof gloves
- Trekking pants
- Wind and waterproof pants
- Sun cream
- Hiking poles
- Waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- Small travel pharmacy
- Important personal medicines