- Here, we have Koloun Bastak and Damavand trekking program. In this eight-day trekking program, we get to summit the 4180m Koloun Bastak Mountain and the 5610m Damavand, that is the highest mountain of Iran. The program is eight days and starts and ends in Tehran. Below, you can find more details of Koloun Bastak and Damavand trekking program.
- Accommodation (hotel, lodge, shelter, villa, local house, …)
- Transportation (domestic flight, airport, city, between cities, 4×4, …)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunchbox)
- Beverages (only those served with food)
- Guide (mountain, ski, city tour)
- Means of carrying loads (mule, porter, camel)
- Entrances (lifts, historic sites, …)
- Ascend Permits
- Visa reference code
- Mountain Accidents Insurance
- International flight
- Visa fee
- Personal travel insurance
- Hotel minibar or café
- Tips to guides and staff
- Services not mentioned above
- Extra days or reservations
- Single room supplement
- Day 1: Arrival to Tehran (1189m)
Now, Koloun Bastak and Damavand trekking officially begins. Upon arrival to Tehran (IKA Airport), you will meet Atour representative and then transfer to Meygoon Hotel.
- Day 2: Summit Koloun Bastak (4108m)
After breakfast, we will head to the trailhead of Koloun Bastak mountain. From here, our trekking begins, we will summit the mountain, and get back to drive to Polour (2300m). We will have 5 to 6 hours of trekking on this day and then a four-hour drive.
- Day 3: Getting to Bargah Sevom (4200m)
Today, we will have breakfast at lodge, and then ride 4×4 cars to Gosfandsara. The drive will take around one hour and we have only dirt road here. From Gosfandsara, which is also known as Mosque, we start trekking to the altitude of 4200. The trekking will be around 4-5 hours. In summer, we will stay at Atour Adventure Eco-Camp.
- Day 4: Acclimatization (4600m)
Now, we will head to higher altitude to prepare our bodies for the next day summit. We will have 4-5 hours of trekking to around 4600 meters and return to our campsite. Like the previous days, the guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 5: Damavand Summit (5610m)
It is finally time to summit the highest mountain of Iran. Early in the morning, we get our lunchboxes, and then head to the summit. We will have 7-8 hours of trekking today. After summiting Damavand, we will return to our campsite and rest for the night. Our guide will take care of the meals.
- Day 6: Back to Tehran (1189m)
After breakfast, we return to Gosfandsara, and then ride 4x4s back to Rineh or Polour. From there, we have transfer to Tehran. We check in to hotel and rest for the night. We have lunch in a restaurant and dinner in hotel restaurant.
- Day 7: Tehran City Tour (1189)
Enjoying the beauty of Iran’s nature, it is time to get to know Iran’s history, art, and architecture better. It is also a chance to see the everyday life of Iranian.
- Day 8: Time to say goodbye
Based on the departure time, we arrange for hotel to airport transportation.
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Sites: Golestan Palace, Tehran Grand Bazaar, Iran National Museum
General Equipment List for Ski
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° comfort
- Sleeping mat
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Duffle Bag
- Day Backpack 30-40 liter
- Warm hat
- Long sleeve shirt or Blouse
- Polar Jacket
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Feather jacket
- Thin finger gloves
- Warm waterproof gloves
- Trekking pants
- Wind and waterproof pants
- Sun cream
- Hiking poles
- Waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- Small travel pharmacy
- Important personal medicines