- Here, we have the Damavand trekking program through north face. This program is seven days and starts and ends in Tehran. On arrival, the participants will head to a hotel for rest. Naturaly, the arrangement of this day highly depends on the arrival time. Then, we will head to Nandal village and spend some time there. Next day, we begin our trekking and after summiting the Damavand, we will return to Tehran. A one-day city tour of Tehran will bring our program to an end. Below you can find more details of Damavand trekking program through the north face.
- Accommodation (hotel, lodge, shelter, villa, local house, …)
- Transportation (domestic flight, airport, city, between cities, 4×4, …)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunchbox)
- Beverages (only those served with food)
- Guide (mountain, ski, city tour)
- Means of carrying loads (mule, porter, camel)
- Entrances (lifts, historic sites, …)
- Ascend Permits
- Visa reference code
- Mountain Accidents Insurance
- International flight
- Visa fee
- Personal travel insurance
- Hotel minibar or café
- Tips to guides and staff
- Services not mentioned above
- Extra days or reservations
- Single room supplement
- Day 1: Arrival to Tehran (1189m)
Now, Damavand trekking program through north face officially begins. Upon arrival to Tehran (IKA Airport), you will meet Atour representative and then transfer to a hotel for rest.
- Day 2: Getting to Nandal (2300m)
The distance from Tehran to Nandal is around four hours. To don’t waste any time, first, we will have a half day sightseeing of Tehran and then head to Nandal. For the night, we will stay in local houses in the village. Be aware that the local houses have shared sleeping area, as well as bathrooms.
- Day 3: Heading to 4000 Shelter (~4000m)
On this day, we drive 4×4 cars to Sange Bozorg (Big Stone). From here, our trekking begins and we continue to a shelter known as 4000 or in Farsi Chahar Hezar. The trekking would take around five to six hours. For the night we will use the shelter, which lacks any facility, and our guide will prepare our meals.
- Day 4: Reaching 5000 Shelter (~4600m)
Now, we will trek from 4000 to 5000 shelter. The trekking will take around three to four hours. For the night, we will stay at the 5000 shelter and the guide will prepare our meals.
- Day 5: Summiting Mount Damavand (5610m)
Finally, we head for the big mountain. Early in the morning we begin our trekking, three to four hours later, we will reach the summit. Then we will descend back to 5000 shelter, gather the stuff and head to 4000 shelter. We will stay in the 4000 shelter for the night. Our guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 6: Back to the Tehran (1189m)
After breakfast, we descend to Sange Bozorg and then ride 4x4s to Nandal. In Nandal, our transfer vehicle is ready to take us back to Tehran. We spend the night in hotel. We have lunch in restaurant and dinner in hotel restaurant.
- Day 7: Time to say goodbye
Based on the departure time, we arrange for hotel to airport transportation.
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Sites: Golestan Palace, Tehran Grand Bazaar, Iran National Museum
General Equipment List for Ski
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° comfort
- Sleeping mat
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Duffle Bag
- Day Backpack 30-40 liter
- Warm hat
- Long sleeve shirt or Blouse
- Polar Jacket
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Feather jacket
- Thin finger gloves
- Warm waterproof gloves
- Trekking pants
- Wind and waterproof pants
- Sun cream
- Hiking poles
- Waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- Small travel pharmacy
- Important personal medicines