In this program we will ascend one of the most beautiful mountains of Iran. We call it Sialan and it is 4177 meters. This mountain is famous for its amazing landmarks. Sialan is the highest mountain in Qazvin province and one of most beautiful ones in Iran. Basically, there are four common routes to access the peak. The route we take in this program is the south way that is easier than the rest. Before starting the climb, the adventurers can have a chance to visit Ovan lake and Sabah castle. Finally, to get a taste of Iran’s Culture there is a one-day city tour of Qazvin.
- Mountain Guide
- City Tour Guide
- Beverages (only those served in Atour Camp)
- Entrance Fee to visited sites.
- Tips to Guides and Staffs.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Hotel Minibar and Coffeeshop
- Ski orTrekking Equipment
When you get to the IKA airport, we will be there waiting for you with an “Atour Adventure Group” sign. Then, we will head to a hotel in Tehran (1189m). Naturally, the arrangement is highly depended on your arrival flight.
Now, after breakfast we will drive to Qazvin and Alamut. The drive is around 3-4 and the altitude is around 1820 meters. Today, we will visit the Ovan Lake and Sabah Castle. This 9th century castle has been the undefeatable residence of a revolting group. The group acted against the Caliphate who ruled Iran by the time. For the night, we will go to a local house.
Today, we will drive to the beginning of the trekking route of Sialan. Naturally, we will have breakfast first. By reaching the route, we pack up our bags and start to trek. The ascend will continue to the altitude of 3250 meters. Basically, it is a 3-4 hour trek. Then, we will find a suitable place and set up camp. After that the group can have enough time to enjoy the nature and relax for the rest of the day.
Early in morning, after packing necessary things and having breakfast, the trek begins. Next, we will be reaching the summit and taking a little rest at the highest mountain of Qazvin. Then, there is the descend back to shelter/camp. We will begin packing up and returning to where the trek began. The night will be spent in the local house in Alamut.
Qazvin is one the most beautiful provinces of Iran. In this day the participants get to experience the culture and architecture of the city and enjoy it. After the city tour and lunch there is a transfer managed to take the participants to hotel.
- Day 6:
It is time to say goodbye. Depending on the schedule and departure time, we will arrange a transfer from hotel to the airport.
What We Suggest and Offer
- Cultural tours
- Shopping Assistance
- Postal Cards
- Domestic Flight
- Destination: Qazvin city tour, Alamut sightseeing
- Cultural Sites: Ovan Lake, Sabah Castle, Aliqapu Palace Museum, Chehel Sotoun Pavilion, Carvanserai of Sa’d al-saltaneh, Hammam Qajar, Jameh Mosque, Imamzadeh Hossein, Aminiha Hosseiniyeh
General Equipment of Summer
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Trekking pants
- comfortable leisure trousers
- windproof and waterproof over pants (breathable)
- Long sleeve shirts or blouses
- Sweater or jacket (wool, fleece, softshell)
- wind and waterproof jacket (ideal: breathable)
- Underwear + replacement
- short functional underwear
- Scarf / Scarf / Buff as dust or cold protection
- thin hat for summer – Warm hat in June and September
- thin finger gloves
- Warm gloves in June and September
- sun cream
- Day and hiking backpack approx. 25 l
- Rain cover for backpack
- Telescopic hiking poles (who would like)
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° in the comfort area
- Sleeping mat (Therm-a-rest self-inflatable)
- waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- small travel pharmacy
- important personal medicines (hand luggage!)