- Here, we have Alamkuh trekking program through Hesarchal route. Alamkuh has an altitude of 4848 meters and is the second highest mountain of Iran after Damavand. For this program, first, we will head to north of Iran and the city of Kelardasht. Then, we will drive to Roodbarak and Vandarbon. With a one-night rest in Vandarbon lodge, we head to Tangeh Galoo with 4×4 cars. Here the trekking begins and we keep going until we reach Hesarchal. With one-day acclimatization, we summit Alamkuh. At the end, we have a city tour of Tehran and then the trip comes to an end. Below, there are more details about Alamkuh trekking program through Hesarchal route.
- Accommodation (hotel, lodge, shelter, villa, local house, …)
- Transportation (domestic flight, airport, city, between cities, 4×4, …)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunchbox)
- Beverages (only those served with food)
- Guide (mountain, ski, city tour)
- Means of carrying loads (mule, porter, camel)
- Entrances (lifts, historic sites, …)
- Ascend Permits
- Visa reference code
- Mountain Accidents Insurance
- International flight
- Visa fee
- Personal travel insurance
- Hotel minibar or café
- Tips to guides and staff
- Services not mentioned above
- Extra days or reservations
- Single room supplement
- Day 1: Arrival to Tehran (1189m)
Now, Alamkuh trekking program through Hesarchal route officially begins. Upon arrival to Tehran (IKA Airport), you will meet Atour representative and then transfer to a hotel for rest.
- Day 2: Transfer to Vandarbon (2250m)
After breakfast, we will head to the northern regions of Iran and pass the cities of Kelardasht and Roodbarak. Then we will get to the Vandarbon and spend the night in the mountaineering lodge there. The drive will take around five to six hours. We will have the lunch in a restaurant and the guide will prepare the dinner.
- Day 3: Getting to Hesarchal (3750m)
On this day, we will trek from vandarbon to Hesarchal. First, we will ride 4×4 cars to the Tangeh Galoo and then trek to Hesarchal. It will take around four to five hours to get there. We will only have to carry our essential stuff and the rest will be carried by mules. For the night, we will camp in the area. Our guide will prepare the meals for us.
- Day 4: Acclimatization day (~4200m)
Alamkuh is famous for the many +4000m mountains in its region. On this day, our guide will choose one of these mountains (probably Lashgarak) and we will summit that to prepare ourselves for the main ascend. The whole trekking to the peak and returning to the camp will take five to six hours and then we will rest. Our guide will arrange for the meals.
- Day 5: Summiting Alamkuh (4848m)
Finally, it’s time to summit Alamkuh. Early in the morning and after receiving our lunch boxes, we will head to the summit. With a short rest on the peak, we will return back to Hesarchal and our camp. Our overnight is in the camp and our guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 6: Back to the Tehran (1189m)
On this day, we will get down to Tangeh Galoo and ride 4x4s to Vandarbon and then transfer to Tehran. We have three to four hours of trekking. Here, our transfer is prepared to take us back to Tehran. Again, we will have a five-hour drive. We go to a restaurant for lunch and the hotel restaurant for dinner. Our overnight is in hotel.
- Day 7: Tehran City Tour (1189)
Enjoying the beauty of Iran’s nature, and after ascending the second highest mountain of Iran, it is time to get to know Iran’s history, art, and architecture better. It is also a chance to see the everyday life of Iranian.
- Day 8: Time to say goodbye
Based on the departure time, we arrange for hotel to airport transportation.
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Sites: Golestan Palace, Tehran Grand Bazaar, Iran National Museum
General Equipment List for Ski
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° comfort
- Sleeping mat
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Duffle Bag
- Day Backpack 30-40 liter
- Warm hat
- Long sleeve shirt or Blouse
- Polar Jacket
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Feather jacket
- Thin finger gloves
- Warm waterproof gloves
- Trekking pants
- Wind and waterproof pants
- Sun cream
- Hiking poles
- Waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- Small travel pharmacy
- Important personal medicines