- Here is the Alamkuh trekking program through Alamchal route and the Almaniha rift. This eight days program begins from Tehran and ends in Tehran as well. First, we will have a transfer to Vandarbon and then trek to Sarchal. Then, we will trek to Alamkuh through Almaniha rift. After that, we will return to Tehran. The program will continue with one day city tour of Tehran. More details about the Alamkuh trekking program through Alamchal route and the Almaniha rift, is mentioned here.
- Accommodation (hotel, lodge, shelter, villa, local house, …)
- Transportation (domestic flight, airport, city, between cities, 4×4, …)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunchbox)
- Beverages (only those served with food)
- Guide (mountain, ski, city tour)
- Means of carrying loads (mule, porter, camel)
- Entrances (lifts, historic sites, …)
- Ascend Permits
- Visa reference code
- Mountain Accidents Insurance
- International flight
- Visa fee
- Personal travel insurance
- Hotel minibar or café
- Tips to guides and staff
- Services not mentioned above
- Extra days or reservations
- Single room supplement
- Day 1: Arrival to Tehran (1189m)
Now, the Alamkuh trekking program through Alamchal and Almaniha rift officially begins. Upon arrival to Tehran (IKA Airport), you will meet Atour representative and then transfer to a hotel for rest.
- Day 2: Transfer to Vandarbon (2250m)
After breakfast, we will head to the northern regions of Iran and pass the cities of Kelardasht and Roodbarak. Then we will get to the Vandarbon and spend the night in the mountaineering lodge there. The drive will take around five to six hours. We will have the lunch in a restaurant and the guide will prepare the dinner.
- Day 3: Getting to Sarchal (3850m)
On this day, we will trek from vandarbon to Sarchal. It will take around five to six hours to get there. We will only have to carry our essential stuff and the rest will be carried by mules. For the night, we will stay at the Sarchal shelter or camp in the area. Be aware that the shelter lacks any facility. Our guide will prepare the meals for us.
- Day 4: Reaching Alamchal (4100m)
Now, we trek from Sarchal to Alamchal. We have two to three hours of trekking and then we will reach the Alamchal area. We will camp for the night. We will carry only the most essential stuff and the rest are carried by the mules. The night will be in camp and the guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 5: Summiting Alamkuh (4848m)
Finally, it’s time to summit Alamkuh. First, we will have to trek to Shaneh Kuh neck. Then, we reach the rift’s beginning. From there, we will have four to five hours of technical mountaineering/rock climbing to the peak. For return, we will change the passage and descend from Siah Sang route. The descend will take around three to four hours. In Alamchal, we will gather the stuff and return to Sarchal, which will take one hour, and spend the night there. Our overnight is in shelter or camp and our guide will prepare the meals.
- Day 6: Back to the Tehran (1189m)
On this day, we will get down to Vandarbon and then transfer to Tehran. We have three to four hours of trekking. Here, our transfer is prepared to take us back to Tehran. Again, we will have a five-hour drive. We go to a restaurant for lunch and the hotel restaurant for dinner.
- Day 7: Tehran City Tour (1189)
Enjoying the beauty of Iran’s nature, and after ascending the second highest mountain of Iran, it is time to get to know Iran’s history, art, and architecture better. It is also a chance to see the everyday life of Iranian.
- Day 8: Time to say goodbye
Based on the departure time, we arrange for hotel to airport transportation.
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Sites: Golestan Palace, Tehran Grand Bazaar, Iran National Museum
General Equipment List for Ski
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° comfort
- Sleeping mat
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Duffle Bag
- Day Backpack 30-40 liter
- Warm hat
- Long sleeve shirt or Blouse
- Polar Jacket
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Feather jacket
- Thin finger gloves
- Warm waterproof gloves
- Trekking pants
- Wind and waterproof pants
- Sun cream
- Hiking poles
- Waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- Small travel pharmacy
- Important personal medicines