This program includes ascending two summits of Alam-Kuh (4848m) and Damavand (5671m) and in the mentioned order. From one hand, we have Damavand that is the highest mountain of Iran with a cultural significance. This mountain is mentioned in Iranian mythology. In this mythology, a great hero and a master archer named Arash stands above this mountain and determines the border of the country with an arrow. In fact, there are 16 routes to summit Damavand. Three of these routes are more popular among which the south face route is the easiest and most popular one. Naturally, it is the passage used in this program.
On the other hand, we have Alam-Kuh. It is one of the most technical mountains of Iran mainly because of its great wall. The mountain has two usual passages. One, is the passage through Hesarchal. and the other, is the passage through Alamchal. for this program we chose Hesarchal. At the end of the program, there is a one-day city tour of Tehran. In this program, the adventurers experience summiting the two highest mountain of Iran and get a glimpse of its culture as well.
- Mountain Guide
- City Tour Guide
- Beverages (only those served in Atour Camp)
- Entrance Fee to visited sites.
- Tips to Guides and Staffs.
- Reservations not mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Coffee House Services like beverages in hotel / minibar.
- Ski and Trekking Equipment
- Day 1:
When you get to the IKA airport, we will be there waiting for you with a “Atour Adventure Group” sign. Then, we will head to a hotel in Tehran (1189m). Naturally, the arrangement is highly depended on your arrival flight.
After breakfast, the car is waiting to take us to Roodbarak and then Vandarbon (2250m). The drive would be around 5 hour. We will spend the night in the mountaineering lodge of Vandarbon.
Now, we have to drive to Tangeh Galoo (3200m) and then trek to Hesarchal (3750m). The drive is around 1 hour and the trek will last for around 3-4 hours. For the night, we will stay in camp. If it is summer, we can use Atour Adventure Group Eco-Camp.
Today, we have acclimatization. Thus, we have to trek to Lashgarak (4256m) and then return to camp. Typically, the trekking of this day would be around 5-6 hours. Alamkuh is famous for its +4000 meters mountains, therefore, we might summit a peak other than Lashgarak. Our overnight will be in the camp.
Finally, its time to summit Mount Alamkuh. This mountain is around 4848 meters. The whole trekking up and descending would be around 7-8 hours. Then, we will return to our camping area and rest. Naturally, our overnight will be in camp.
On this day, the Alamkuh section of the trip will come to an end. Now, we have to descend and head to our next destination which is Damavand. First, there is the 3 hour trek to Tangeh Galoo. Then, the 1 hour drive to Vandarbon. From there, we will head to a city on north of Iran. The drive is around 3 hours, based on the city we choose. For the night, we will be at a villa.
Today, we head to Polour (2300m). There is a 5-6 hour drive waiting for us and then we reach the village of Polour. For the night, we will stay at the mountaineering lodge of the Polour.
After breakfast, we will drive 4×4 cars to the altitude of 3200 meters. Here, next to the mosque, we will begin our trek. The trek will take around 3-4 hours. Then, we will reach the altitude of 4200 meters. We will spend the night here, whether in camp or Bargah Sevom lodge.
At last, we reach the time to summit Mount Damavand with an altitude of 5610 meters. Early in the morning and after breakfast, we will head toward the summit. It will take us 7 to 8 hours to reach the peak. The, we will return to camp or shelter at 4200 meters.
The adventure period has com to an end. Now, we have a 3-hour trek to the mosque. Then a 1-hour drive to Polour and a 3-hour drive to Tehran. After days of being in nature, now we have a chance to have a rest in hotel.
Although the adventure time is over, we still have to get a glimpse of Tehran’s culture too. Today, we will have a Tehran City Tour visiting the most popular historic sites of Tehran. For the night we will return to the hotel.
And before we know it, the trip is over. Based on the flight time we will arrange for the car to pick up and transfer participants to the airport.
What we suggest and offer
- Cultural tours
- Shopping Assistance
- Postal Cards
- Domestic Flight
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Sites: Golestan Palace, National Museum, Tehran Grand Bazaar.
General Equipment List for Summer Trekking
- Sports Shoes / Sandals
- Trekking shoes category B
- Trekking socks + replacement
- Trekking pants
- comfortable leisure trousers
- windproof and waterproof over pants (breathable)
- Long sleeve shirts or blouses
- Sweater or jacket (wool, fleece, softshell)
- wind and waterproof jacket (ideal: breathable)
- Underwear + replacement
- short functional underwear
- Scarf / Scarf / Buff as dust or cold protection
- thin hat for summer – Warm hat in June and September
- thin finger gloves
- Warm gloves in June and September
- sun cream
- Day and hiking backpack approx. 25 l
- Rain cover for backpack
- Telescopic hiking poles (who would like)
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- Sleeping bag up to – 5 ° in the comfort area
- Sleeping mat (Therm-a-rest self-inflatable)
- waterproof bag for documents
- Drinking bottle or hydration system at least 1 liter
- Insect repellent for skin and possibly for clothing
- First aid kit (including blister plaster, tape, disinfection)
- small travel pharmacy
- important personal medicines (hand luggage!)