Here comes the Alamkuh – Hesarchal Region Ski Touring package. For this program, we will summit the second highest mountain of Iran after Damavand and ski down it. Alamkuh Mountain is 4848m and famous for the big wall of its north face. Because of the big wall and the paths to the summit, Alamkuh became one of the most technical mountains of Iran.
The program starts and ends in Tehran. We have a transfer from Tehran to Vandarbon. Then we will stay in camp four three days. Each day, we ski to a summit or higher land and then return to the camp. At last, we have a one-day city tour of Tehran and the program comes to an end. Here is more detail for the Alamkuh – Hesarchal region ski touring package.
- Accommodation (hotel, lodge, shelter, villa, local house, …)
- Transportation (domestic flight, airport, city, between cities, 4×4, …)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunchbox)
- Beverages (only those served with food)
- Guide (mountain, ski, city tour)
- Means of carrying loads (mule, porter, camel)
- Entrances (historic sites, lifts, …)
- Ascend Permits
- Visa reference code
- Mountain Accidents Insurance
- International flight
- Visa fee
- Personal travel insurance
- Hotel minibar or café
- Tips to guides and staff
- Services not mentioned above
- Extra days or reservations
- Single room supplement
Day 1: Arrival to Iran
Here, the Alamkuh ski touring program officially begins. After arriving to IKA airport and meeting Atour Adventure agent, you will head to a hotel in Tehran to get some rest.
Day 2: Heading to Vandarbon (2250m)
Now, we drive to Kelardasht (~ 5 hours – 1107m) and then head to Roodbarak and Vandarbon (2250m). For the night, we will stay in the mountaineering lodge of Vandarbon. For lunch, we will have restaurant food, and the guide prepares the dinner in the lodge.
Day 3: Now we get to Kalbozan (~3000m)
On this day, 4×4 cars will take us to Kalbozan area where we would camp for the night. The driving time depends on the road condition. On arriving, we would set up camps. Every day and after ski touring, we will return to this camp. Guide will prepare the meals.
Day 4: Heading to Lashgarak (4200m)
Now, the ski touring officially begins. We will be ski touring to Tange Galoo (3200m) and then Lashgarak (4200m). Then, we ski down back to Kalbozan and spend the night in camp. The guide will prepare the lunch box and other meals.
Day 5: Acclimatizing on Gardooneh Kuh (4400m)
Ski touring to Hesarchal and then Gardooneh Kuh (4400m) peak. After summit, we will ski down to Kalbozan for the night again. The overnight is in camp and the guide prepares the meals.
Day 6: Here comes the summit day (4848m)
This is our summit day, we will ski tour to Hesarchal and then Alamkuh summit (4848m). Then, we will ski down to Kalbozan. Then, we will ski down to trailhead and then ride 4x4s to Vandarbon. We spend the night in Vandarbon lodge. Our guide will arrange the meals.
Day 7: Getting down to Vandarbon (2250m)
The ski time is over. On this day, we will change car and head to Tehran. For the night, we will stay in hotel. We have lunch and dinner in restaurant.
Day 8: Tehran city tour (1189m)
As a final touch, we will have a city tour of Tehran. Naturally, the trip is incomplete without a taste of Iran’s culture, art and architecture. In the evening, we will return to hotel to get ready for the departing flight.
Day 9: Time to say goodbye
Departure. Based on your flight time, we will arrange an airport transfer.
What we suggest and offer
- Cultural tours (Tehran, Kashan, Isfahan, Shiraz, Yazd, Kerman, and …)
- Shopping Assistance (we can arrange shopping and a person to help you)
- Domestic Flight
- Destination: Tehran City Tour
- Cultural Stites: Golestan Palace, National Museum, Tehran Grand Bazaar, Saad Abbad Palace, Niavaran Palace, Museum of National Treasury.
General Equipment List for Ski
- Sleeping bag with -5 comfort
- Sandals or Crocs
- Sports shoes
- Trekking shoes
- Ski touring ski
- Repair kit
- Telescopic or fixed ski poles with large plate
- Duffle bag
- Day backpack 30-40 Liter
- Trekking socks
- Ski socks
- Base layer top and Bottom
- Synthetic mid-layer
- Windproof and waterproof pants
- Windproof and waterproof jacket
- Thick down jacket
- Ski touring pants
- Fleece or wool jacket
- Fleece or wool pants
- Long sleeve t-shirt
- Warm hat
- Base layer gloves
- Over gloves
- Expedition gloves
- Headband and scarf
- Sunglasses and goggles
- Personal aid kit
- Water bottle and flask
- Pocket knife
- Avalanche transceiver
- Avalanche probe
- Ice axe
- Snow shovel
- Mountaineering harness
- Rope cord 7mm/10m long
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- Quick dry towel
- Personal medicine